LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking Firewall Network Engineers for a contract opportunity with a client of ours in Charlotte, NC!
This team is responsible for the implementation, and operations, of firewalls across the entire network.
- Advanced firewall change request fulfillment and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting and response to network firewall incidents and problems
- Working with our internal customers to gather complex network requirements to be used in creating highly reliable and scalable networking designs
- Produce design documents such as Visio diagrams, IP spreadsheets, device descriptions and narratives
- Correlate detected network events to identify potential problems or root causes
- Assist application and system owners in troubleshooting problematic network dependent applications
- Participate in projects that involve existing network infrastructure as required
- Participate in a formal incident rapid response process for high priority incidents
- Collaborate with the team to insure that an incident's underlying problems are managed and resolved
- Implement network change in the context of incident resolution, problem management and service requests
- Be aware of and follow existing network management change procedures
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response, last minute urgent requests)
- Assist with network documentation tasks
Essential Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in networking and network security, including advanced firewalling, VPN's, enterprise routing and switching 3+ years in firewall technologies, preferably Juniper and Palo Alto, but other products like Cisco, Checkpoint can be considered.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced level of familiarity in implementing and troubleshooting firewall technologies
- Expert understanding of popular network communications protocols such as DNS, RPC, HTTP
- Juniper and/or Palo Alto certifications preferred
- Experience with Service Now or Cherwell ticketing systems
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.