LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Senior Application Support Specialist for a long term contract opportunity with a right-to-hire for our client in St. Louis, MO!
As a front-line responder in a constantly changing ecosystem, this support team member is responsible for working with our clients internal and external resources to quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues affecting the stability of a platform responsible for generating millions of sales, through multiple channels.
They are an organization that prides themselves on meeting a goal of near 0% unplanned downtime, therefore, it is critical this individual possesses a proactive, assertive personality, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), a great eye for detail, and the ability to perform a root cause analysis in a highly complex environment. As part of a lean operating team, resilience and adaptiveness are must have characteristics in this team player.
- Responsible for providing high level DevOps and Application Support for Java applications in an ecommerce environment. Applications are both AWS Cloud and on-premise
- Perform root cause analysis on applications that may have JVM, thread lock, heap dump issues. Use tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, Splunk, Dynatrace, or similar to monitor and review issues
- Proactively monitors highly available applications/systems. Interprets and disseminates the information to a variety of audiences, including support teams and internal leadership
- Performs key tasks to hot-fix and enhancement deployments to production and non-production environments
- Executes automated and manual smoke tests following maintenance and outage recovery periods
- Self-educates on new systems, applications, and tools, and requests guidance and training proactively, as needed, to ensure optimum job performance
- Assists in elevating the performance of other support team members
- 3+ years in an application support related role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to capture and articulate technical and non-technical details.
- Expertise with Splunk, AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, or similar preferred
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenshipstatus or protected veteran status.