LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking an experienced Level I Help Desk Specialist for a contract opportunity with our client in downtown Chicago, IL!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
The Level I Help Desk Specialist will:
- Provide superior customer service as related to help desk and equipment repair departments.
- Research problems isolate and resolve less complex calls immediately; refers more complex problems as necessary.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Receive help desk calls, creates trouble tickets, responds to and diagnose problems through discussions with users.
- Document procedures as required, tracks and monitors all calls to ensure timely resolution.
- Conducts follow-up calls to customers when necessary.
- Perform installations and changes to user's workstations and assign requests to another technical staff member as needed.
- Maintain a moderate level of proficiency in software and applications supported by IT.
- Assist in miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades and new installations.
- Install personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in help desk support and familiarity with help desk ticketing software.
- Experience with MS Windows Support, MS Office Support, MS Email Support, and basic support in Active Directory (e.g., password resets, new user accounts)
- Proven exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail, time management, interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to Corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.