every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
Looking for more than just another assignment? We're looking for you! This isn't just another assignment, but a real opportunity and a challenge for the right person. LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Network Architect for a contract opportunity with a client of ours in Fort Worth, TX!
Network Architect Duties and Responsibilities
Design Network Systems
- As a Network Architect, you will determine the data communications needs of the company and develop the best systems to meet these needs. This includes designing and configuring components, and troubleshooting any issues prior to implementation. From determining cable layout and placement to selecting modems and routers, as a Network Architect, you will oversee the installation and implementation of our network systems.
- Upgrade Existing Network Components
- In addition to designing and installing new systems, you will also be responsible for upgrading components in existing networks. Install new routers, switches, security software, configurations or other parts to improve the operation of a system.
- Maintain and Monitor Networking Equipment
- As a Network Architect, you will be expected to continually monitor networking systems and make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to keep these systems operating smoothly. You will also perform scheduled maintenance on network systems to avoid any down time due to networking issues.
- Different types of network topology
- Understanding the different types of networks and the pros and cons of each type is extremely important for this position.
- Computer networking components
- Routers, modems, adapters, switches, firewall appliances, load balancers and servers are some of the main components of a networking system and you must have full working knowledge of these items and how to configure them.
- Communication systems
- Knowledge of communication technologies such as wireless, mobile applications and telecommunications systems is important
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Preferred) or Computer Science
- Experience Required: 5-10 Years
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework, by assessing company network needs.
- Design, inspect and test, data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Install hardware such as cables, hubs, routers, and wireless adaptors.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Analyze, design, and execute software functions.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and provide input to project timelines for various projects.
- Manage technology vendors.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Solve complex problems with many variables.
- Experience with Palo Alto, Cisco, Antaira and Multicast environments is highly desired.
- 25% travel with is required for this position..
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
Colorado salary range - $20/hr to $125/hr