LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Data Engineer for an 8-15-month opportunity with a national client.
• Review, coordinate, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements
• Understand data requirements, and design/develop/enhance new and existing business data management systems
• Design, develop and test data creation/migration/retrieval/management jobs
• Strong SQL experience – including query, performance, table design, normalization.
• Strong ETL experience – including data sourcing & shipping from/to multiple sources using different data structures (flat files, comma delimited, VSAM, structured and unstructured data etc.)
• Strong data security, testing and validation experience
• Work under data/solution architects to deliver enterprise class data structures and solutions and/or integration into custom product development.
• Help define data matrices, data dictionaries, data structures across various topologies (SQL Server 2016, Hadoop/Cloudera stacks, etc.)
• Complete product technical design and prototyping, data design/development, support and problem remediation.
• Understand data design patterns and enterprise design regarding data in the Payments Industry (banking, credit unions, bill pay, EFT, etc.) within both commercial off the shelf (COTS) and custom solutions.
• Experience around performance analysis at the Data/DAL layer and how to maximize performance in a highly transactional environment in the payments industry (cards, core banking, ATM, etc.)
• Provide both individual, team, and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs and overall LOE regarding data efforts.
• Document technical designs, using flow charts, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, data flow diagrams, database schemas, descriptive software component documentation, wireframes
• Develop and test applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
• Creates required technical documentation, use cases, white papers, system and deployment architecture, and technical process/procedure documents for the group.
• Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
• Assess the risk, problem/problem resolution and impact of changes to complex solutions and the effect of hardware infrastructure change on a solution or technology.
• Budget solutions, specifically taking ownership of the proposed technical data analysis around Data.
• Reviews, coordinates, analyses and defines requirements for new development/enhancements to and maintains existing systems including new product development, customizations and enhancements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; business, software and infra engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
• Minimum of 8 of technical experience in database design, development or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• 8+ years hands-on experience with enterprise class database development, focused on transactional environments w/focus around SQL 2012/2014/2016; including redundancy modeling (Disaster Avoidance/Recovery), cross data center high availability, always on, horizontal and vertical scalability, and various forms of data movement (log shipping, replication modeling, Always On, etc.)
• 6+ years hands-on understanding enterprise systems, infrastructure, software design and development, database design and development, and system integration experience
• 5 years’+ experience with analytics, dashboard tooling, and ETL toolsets in large enterprise-based payments/banking industry.
• Understanding of Banking/EFT/Financial Institution domain and based technologies; along with data layer experience w/ ISO8583 in a cutting-edge enterprise.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development techniques.
• Encryption based development via Host Security Modules and adherence to PCI compliance and requirements.
• Focused on innovation and cutting-edge technologies within a five nines environment (99.999% uptime).
• Experience working collaboratively with Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs with the common goal of delivering value to the business.
• Experience with Syncsort DMX Product.
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
o Technical knowledge in software development methodologies.
o Domain and industry knowledge.
o All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
o Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
• Able to demonstrate excellent skills in the following areas:
o Software design and implementation
o Analysis and design at multiple-project level
o Research, analysis and problem resolution
o Communication and interpersonal
o Organizational and time management
• Able to complete deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
• Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
• Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
• Complete quality work within deadlines.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.;