LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking two Senior QA Automation Engineers for an 8-15-month opportunity with a national client.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
• Under minimal supervision, plans, designs, develops and maintains reusable automated test scripts for multiple projects. Evaluates, reviews, and tests new or modified software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conforms to established guidelines.
• Provides analysis, organized design and development of reusable automated scripts and manual regression test plans for a variety of interfaces. Maintains automated scripts. Develops complete automation frameworks consisting of functional libraries, adhering to coding standards.
• Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects.
• Assists in planning, scheduling and implementing multiple automation projects. Coordinates and monitors automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Evaluates corporate products/systems and determines ideal candidates for automation and supplies appropriate strategies.
• Serves as liaison between automated and non-automated teams in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
• Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports for review and feedback.
• Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
• Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
• Maintains test environments/data to be used with test automation.
• Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested and supplies custom reporting when applicable.
• Fulfills load testing requests and sets up appropriate load testing monitors on servers. Executes load tests, analyzes results and reports to product team members. Acts as a point of contact for automation/load tests.
• Utilizes testing experience to develop automation strategies that will enhance the efficiency of test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of the regression testing.
• Assists with running automated tests and training on automation to other teams as requested. Provides technical assistance to other members of the automation team.
• Helps set standards for test design.
• Supports and advocates established automated testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
• May advise or recommend unit testing applications for software developers.
• May assist or recommend the application of a UML.
• May assist with education and training regarding software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
• Keeps abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and communicates new information to QA team.
• May lead education and training, alpha and/or beta testing, and changes for documentation update or correction.
• Assists with education and training regarding software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
• May cross-train and mentor less experienced QA team members.
• May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
• May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
• May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
• May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
• May assist less experienced peers.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of six years of experience in dedicated automation or a related field; or
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Has a wide range of experience and able to resolve complex issues. Works on complex and diverse projects. Analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.